My photo
This blog is all about my personal health and fitness journey. I am a qualified personal trainer and run my own Online Personal Training Business - GET ACTIVE ONLINE. I love helping others reach their goals and just feel better about themselves! Last year I competed in the Sports Model Division at the INBA All Female Classic and had a great time and might just do it again! But more on that later.... for now I just love rambling on about the daily adventures of Life!!!!

Monday, September 25, 2006

Jet Lagged!

We have finally made it home after what seemed like the longest flight ever! We got home yesterday after leaving Austria on Friday morning, it was soooo good to get home after sitting on aircraft and in airports for the last couple of days! Although it was all worth it as we had the most amazing holiday. It was everything I had hoped for plus more. We started in Germany where we visited a beautiful old town called Rothenburg, from there we headed to Munich for a bit of beer and pretzels (yes Selina I tried a pretzel and a few too many German Beers!). We were at the Oktoberfest for opening day, which was crazy to say the least. We managed to find an awesome outdoor tent to spend the day in and I managed to consume 3L of beer, I thought that was an exceptional effort considering I don't really drink much beer anymore. It was helped by consuming greasy chicken and pretzels which normally wouldn't be a good thing but it made me cope with all the alcohol better,next day we spent exploring Munich and went out to Dachau the concentration camp which was quite sad and a real eye opener. From Munich we headed to Austria, first stop was insbrook which is a beautiful town, I imagine it is even more spectacular in the ski season. Then we headed to Salzburg where we picked up our hire car. Cam was the dedicated driver as I wasn't quite brave enough to face the autobahn driving a manual on the wrong side of the road. Cam did an awesome effort and stopped looking terrified after about an hour of so. We got to explore the Salzgamergut region which is spectacular and I also got to find the little village that my Dad is from so it was a very special trip. After a few days exploring we flew to London and got to catch up with some friends for some more beers before flying out. So as you can imagine I am feeling a little bit tired and a bit larger than when I left, but in saying that it was all worth it. So anyway today was the day to stop eating strudel and drinking beer and I am back on track! I started of with a power walk up my favourite hill this morning and will hit the weights tomorrow. So anyway that's my little bit of excitement, will try and attach some pics. (sorry about the spelling and grammer can't seem to insert text!)
Have fun! Luv Hilds

No comments: