My photo
This blog is all about my personal health and fitness journey. I am a qualified personal trainer and run my own Online Personal Training Business - GET ACTIVE ONLINE. I love helping others reach their goals and just feel better about themselves! Last year I competed in the Sports Model Division at the INBA All Female Classic and had a great time and might just do it again! But more on that later.... for now I just love rambling on about the daily adventures of Life!!!!

Friday, February 20, 2009

Back in the land of the living!

Firstly I would like to thank everyone for all of your lovely comments, it really means a lot to know people care and have been through similar experiences. I'm sorry I haven't personally replied but I've just been focusing on moving forward at the moment and find it easier to focus on what's in front of me rather than whats happened (if that makes sense).
So anyway I'm finally started to feel "normal" after a few weeks of hell! The weekend was tough as I was put on this medication to bring on a miscarriage although after taking them every 4 hours all I got was bad nausea and a few cramps! I was so frustrated as I just wanted to move on and was hoping it would be over by Monday. So Monday I spoke to the Dr and was booked in for a D&C on Tuesday, all went well and I was in and out on Tuesday and was just left feeling a bit tired. It all sounds so cold and sterile when I type it but it has actually been a relief to have some closure. I'm actually in a really good place mentally as I suppose I've been an emotional wreck for a couple of weeks and it's good to stop stressing and be able to get excited about other things in the future. This whole experience has made me realise what is most important to me and what life is really all about! If it wasn't for my amazing hubby, family and friends life just wouldn't be the same. I feel so very lucky to have so many amazing people in my life and it has made me realise that whatever happens in life doesn't really matter that much as long as I am surrounded by all of these wonderful people. So even though this last bit of time has been one of my worst, emotionally I think I have come out of it a better person! Life is to be lived to the full and enjoy every minute whatever it may bring.
So emotionally I am doing well although physically is a different story...... after surgery on Tuesday I have managed to get back into things full steam ahead although I can tell my hormones are still running havoc. It's amazing the lack of information given to you after the fact, I'm just lucky to have a friend who has been through it all before and give me a bit of an idea of what to expect. I suppose after you have surgery you expect to go back to normal although it seems to take your hormones a bit longer to catch up! The last couple of days have seen my belly expand and look 6 months pregnant, not a nice feeling. So even though I'm back on track both nutrition and training wise I think it's going to take me a good couple of months before my body responds like I know it should.
I can't even begin to describe how good mentally it has helped being back in the gym this week, although it's not like I've even missed a week but just haven't been doing half the amount or intensity of training that I used to. So I've been loving my weights even threw in a few kettle bell routines today plus I'm back at Spin (gotta love spin). I've also found a new love, the stepper! Yes I know it sounds weird but as hard as it is I just love it, I've found a great fat burning & interval program that really get my heart rate right up there without the high impact of all of my running. So I'm feeling very sore from doms this week, slowly as I do more weight sessions another part of my body gets sore. I just did legs this morning and I'm dreading how sore I will be tomorrow especially since I've got spin!

So anyway enough from me, I've gotta get this butt into gear and give this house a long overdue spring clean!

Have a fantastic weekend everyone!
Luv Hilds

P.S had to post a picture of my gorgeous hubby!



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It's been a while since you posted, just wondering how you were doing Hilds? :o)

Lia xxx