My photo
This blog is all about my personal health and fitness journey. I am a qualified personal trainer and run my own Online Personal Training Business - GET ACTIVE ONLINE. I love helping others reach their goals and just feel better about themselves! Last year I competed in the Sports Model Division at the INBA All Female Classic and had a great time and might just do it again! But more on that later.... for now I just love rambling on about the daily adventures of Life!!!!

Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Amazing what a bit of sleep can do!

I'm feeling heaps better after a good 10 hours sleep on Sunday night and then another great nights sleep last night. Its so much easier when I am home and can have a proper routine! On Sunday I felt sooooo average all day I was barely coping due to a serious lack of sleep and the more I tried to sleep the less I could. I'm sure all this flying and lack of sleep is no good for my body, its actually quite frustrating as everything else in my life is aimed towards feeling good, eating well and exercising regularly and then I have this job that contradicts all the good work I put in. Oh well I suppose we can't have it all, my job is great in many aspects as it gives me much more freedom and time off than most jobs, its a no stress job (and I've had the stressful jobs and this is way better), my job also allows me to have a pretty awesome lifestyle and a lot more travel than I would ever be able to do in a 9-5 job. So I suppose its all not that bad and it also allows me to study, not that I have done much lately. I seem to go through stages where I study hard get an exam done and then don't want to look at a book for a few weeks afterwards. Anyway I'm in no rush to finish quickly, I'm trying to enjoy the process this time and it seems to be working. Lately I've had so many ideas on areas I would like to get into in the Health and Fitness industry which is very exciting and makes everything that I'm doing now worthwhile.

So this week is of to a pretty good start, have already crossed of a few training sessions which is always a good feeling. I always try and get the hard ones out the way early. Have planned to do the Blue Arrow at lunch time today, its a 1 1/2 bush walk in Cairns. So Cam is meeting me there after he finishes work, I imagine he will be a tired tiger as he has to get up to start work at 2:45am (not a nice time!). He has already warned me that if I want to speed ahead I'm on my own (he he). So I'm looking forward to the walk, should be drenched with sweat by the end of it, considering its stinking hot today, really not that much different though from any other day in Cairns, its always hot and humid! Tomorrow I have to work and have a Brisbane return, so its a nice and early start for me, I think I need to get up at 3:30am, yuk. I should get back to Cairns about 12 and have booked in for a RPM class at 12:30. I gather its easier to do it straight away as if I go home it will be sooooo hard to motivate myself to do any training later as I'm usually pretty shattered after the early starts, they're nearly worse than the night flights. And then on Thursday I'm on to Japan again, just for something different! Might actually motivate myself to do some study this time. Anyway time to sit in the sun for a while while the weather is so good!

Hilary thanks for the lovely comment and to everyone else who has commented on my article in Women's Health and Fitness! I'm looking forward to seeing some other IBO before and after pics, I'm sure there are lots of people finishing around now!

Have a great day! Hilds

No comments: