My photo
This blog is all about my personal health and fitness journey. I am a qualified personal trainer and run my own Online Personal Training Business - GET ACTIVE ONLINE. I love helping others reach their goals and just feel better about themselves! Last year I competed in the Sports Model Division at the INBA All Female Classic and had a great time and might just do it again! But more on that later.... for now I just love rambling on about the daily adventures of Life!!!!

Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Feeling Motivated!

Just thought I'd better do a blog update while I remember. I'm home today and in the process of tidying up our garden (or should I say destroying it). I'm not much of a gardener and tend to just do a massive cutback every few months. I feel a bit sorry for our plants as they don't get much loving around here. It's funny whenever we go to the nursery to buy something (which is very rare) we always ask for the plants that survive on little water, full sunlight and not much attention! The poor nursery staff kinda look at us strangely and explain all plants need water. Well that's our problem we are not very good at consistently watering, we might need to invest in an automated system, oh well its all looking ok and we still have plants so we can't be doing to bad.

So anyway feeling pretty motivated at the moment, not really sure why but I'm not complaining. Feeling quite happy with my nutrition and training at the moment and just extremely excited about my upcoming challenge. I'm so glad I've made the commitment to compete and have stopped stressing as much and am just ready to give it my best. I've had a big change in mind set due to a few reasons. But one big one is that someone close to me is going through there own personal challenge at the moment (sorry can't tell details) but it has made me realise if they can face their fears head on then mine seems easy in comparison (still terrifying though!). So I'm ready for whatever is given to me. I've got Sue working out a program for me and I hopefully I will also be getting some help from Di (need as much help as I can get). I'm still looking at trying to get down to Melbourne for the INBA comp as I think it would be good to see a show before I do one myself (or maybe not, might scare me even more. he he).

All is going well on the work front. Things should be staying the same for now which is nice. The rosters are pretty good at the moment and tending to get lots of time at home. Although things will change in the next couple of months as we will cease to be Australian Airlines and will instead be employed by Qantas. This means we all need to undergo training to work on different aircraft. So hopefully by September the change over will be complete, this will mean very different flying for me and I will also have to bid for my roster. Currently we mainly just do short Japan trips and Sydney overnights and the occasional long Manilla trip. Whereas with Qantas we don't really know where we will be flying. So far its looking like possibly Shanghai, Narita, Auckland, Hong Kong and domestic destinations around Australia. In a way I'm hoping that the change over will be delayed so I can get the competition out of the way while I have easier rosters to work with. Anyway can't stress over it now will just have to wait and see as the time gets closer. I have also spent months trying to swap my annual leave for January so I can go to my own wedding although now I not even sure if I will still have this annual leave spot. So many what ifs at the moment which is so frustrating.

Another what if! Is the whole moving thing, now its looking like we might be staying in Cairns. So I've started to get all excited about staying, although there is still a possibility we will go. Arghhhhhhh I've had to stop worrying about this too and just deal with it when the times comes (should know for sure in a couple of weeks).

Anyway enough babble for another day! Time to get cleaned up because I'm going to get my new car!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm very excited!!!!!!!!

Hope everyone is having a great week!

Cheers Hilds

\

3 comments:

Di Broeren said...

Your mail should arrive tomorrow : )

SeLiNa said...

Hey Hilds!! i feeeeel your motivation girl!! Now you've made the decision it will all come and fall into place :)
Can't wait to follow your journey!!

Bec said...

Congratulations on chosing to compete. You go girl!! You can do anything you set your mind to.

Will definitely be following your journey :)

Rebecca