My photo
This blog is all about my personal health and fitness journey. I am a qualified personal trainer and run my own Online Personal Training Business - GET ACTIVE ONLINE. I love helping others reach their goals and just feel better about themselves! Last year I competed in the Sports Model Division at the INBA All Female Classic and had a great time and might just do it again! But more on that later.... for now I just love rambling on about the daily adventures of Life!!!!

Sunday, May 06, 2007

My head is spinning!!!!

Wow so much is going on at the moment. So I apologize for my lack of posting but have had way too much to think about latley.

So where do I start!

Two weeks ago Cam and myself headed down to my little sisters wedding in Adelaide. It was an awesome weekend with a beautiful little ceremony in the Adelaide Hills. The night before the wedding myself and my two sisters and Mum and Dad stayed at a B&B together. It was so much fun as it has been years since we have all spent the night together with no partners, kids or anyone else, it felt like we were kids again. We all went out to dinner then got back to the B&B and put our pj's on and had a family slide show in front of the open fire. It was fantastic and amazing to look back at all the baby pics and Mum and Dad when they were all spunky! (not that they are not spunky now, just in case they are reading!) Myself and my older sister got stuck into the redwine and vodka and ended up sitting up quite late munching on any goodies we could find stashed in the B&B! The following day was the wedding and we all had an amazing day. At the end of it all Cam & I stayed back and cleaned up while the newly married couple went of to dinner and then went to go back to our B&B until we discovered my sister had locked the keys inside. It was a close call as we really didn't want to crash the wedding couple on their wedding night but luckily the owners came down and let us in! The next day it was an early flight back to Adelaide.

The next day I had my surgery booked in for Monday afternoon. All went well and I woke up feeling rather happy (gotta love the hospital drugs!). I ended up taking the week of work and just rested at home as I wasn't quite up to flying to Japan. I must say it was really hard for me to not train all week, but I managed it and I'm sure it has helped me get back on track. The following Friday I flew down to Adelaide again, this time for the big wedding party! It was a very wet weekend in Adelaide, which everyone except us was very happy about. Anyway to keep it short the pary was awesome, heaps of great people, dancing and a few too many drinks! We got back to our hotel room about 2:30pm and it felt like only a minute before our alarm was going at 6:30am to head to the airport. I'm glad we were catching a cab as I still felt drunk from the night before! I'm so glad it was a direct flight as 3 hours later we were back in Sunny Cairns and a very relaxing day!

So on to this week! Another full on week, I've managed to get back into training and have done two trips, one to Japan and the other down to Sydney. Cam and I have had to do a lot of thinking this week and make some big decisions. Cam has decided to put in a for a position with Customs in Townsville. It would be a good opportunity for us as Cam would be put on full time, we would get our rent paid for and and it would be a nice change. So we thought what the heck lets give it a go. So hopefully we find out next week if we will be moving in a couple of weeks. I'm also in the process of getting a new car as mine is about to die. I also found out on Thursday that all of the Cairns base Australian Airlines crew will be employed full time with qantas short haul. This was great news as we all thought that they were just going to get rid of us all and we would be lucky to get redundancy packages. So I have been checking out places to live in Townsville plus deciding what to do with our house plus organising somewhere for me to stay as I would commute to work from Townsville. So its all happening for us, but all very exciting.

Haven't had a minute to think about wedding stuff, but need to get motivated and make some bookings as a few friends have already booked their flights and we don't even have anything organised!!! So in all this mayhem I'm managing to keep up with my training an nutrition and have a much more balanced approach.

Well enough rambling for one post, should never leave it this long between posting as I have way too much to say!

Hope everyone is well! Love Hilds

P.S Congratulations to all the girls who have competed latley you all look fantastic! And also to Carolyn who had her final pics taken and is a true inspiration.

4 comments:

SeLiNa said...

Wowsers!! You HAVE been busy!! First of all AWESOME PICS!!! You look gorgeous!! JL made the comment about sports model.. have u thought about that at all?!?!
Lots happening in your life!! Let us know how it goes with Townsville! That's so close to me :P
Enjoy this lovely long weekend!

jodie said...

Busy is an understatement, Hilds. You are making MY head spin with all that you have got going on. Hope all works out in regards to the job and changes. Exciting times.

Miss Positive said...

Busy girl!!

Good luck to Cam for the job in Townsville, and great news for you with your job and finding accommodation! Fingers crossed everything works out!

Hilary xx

Bec said...

Hi Hilde,

Good luck with your fiance's job and all the wedding preps. Everything will eventually come together :)

Oh and your pics look fabulous!! You did so well in your challenge.

Have a great week
Rebecca