My photo
This blog is all about my personal health and fitness journey. I am a qualified personal trainer and run my own Online Personal Training Business - GET ACTIVE ONLINE. I love helping others reach their goals and just feel better about themselves! Last year I competed in the Sports Model Division at the INBA All Female Classic and had a great time and might just do it again! But more on that later.... for now I just love rambling on about the daily adventures of Life!!!!

Saturday, May 19, 2007

Mind Games!

Well another week down! It has been a busy one both physically and mentally.
Had to help Cam out with aircon cleaning on Monday and Tuesday, and boy was that fun (can you hear the sarcasm in my voice!). No it wasn't too bad we got heaps done, but sitting in the sun reading a book sounds so much better. We are both pretty busy at the moment, as Cam is trying to finish of his Customs training plus fit in his aircon work and I'm well not as busy but flying here and there and studying for my next exam and helping Cam out when ever I can. Have actually managed to swap my long Manilla trip next week so I can help out with more aircons. I think I must be crazy, I'm missing out on 2 Sydney overnights to clean aircons!

Anyway all is going well, managed to get back in to proper training again. Did my high intensity leg routine on Thursday and haven't been able to walk properly since. I actually think its the worst doms I have ever had. I had to fly home from Japan last night and really struggled walking up and down that aisle!!!!! Anyway I made it and actually got 4 hours sleep this morning, so I'm feeling pretty good (for now anyway). Want to start getting back into a bit more cardio next week as I have scaled back a bit lately and think I need to get a bit more motivated again. Eats are going pretty good, still struggle on those night flights but working on it.

So that was about it for last week, well except for my massive indecisiveness! I have been contemplating competing in the Sports Model category in one of the shows later in the year. So I really wanted to make a decision this week if I was going to give it a go or not. Every time I thought about it I got so excited but at the same moment extremely nervous and thought of every excuse under the sun as why I wouldn't be able to do it:
These are just a few -
- I'll never get into shape in time
- I get so nervous I won't be able to walk on stage
- I'm not the most co-ordinated of people
- I don't think I look like a sportsmodel
- It will be to hard with my new job
- We might be moving to Townsville
- I will have to commute to work, try and find somewhere to train, be staying at friends houses and have to avoid eating crap and alcohol.
- I change employers in September and don't even know if I can have the time of.
- We need to save for our wedding and I can't afford it.
And the list just goes on.........

But with all of those excuses I have decided what the hell I'm going to give it a shot anyway!

I've always said I regret the things I don't do, so who cares if I'm not as good as I think I should be. As long as I can honestly say at the end of it all I gave it my best shot then I'm a winner anyway! So as the saying goes "Feel the fear and do it anyway". (I'm still nervous as hell though).

I wasn't going to say anything but I find I get so much encouragement from all the other bloggers it was a great way to stop me from chickening out! So here goes........ It's only early days and will obviously have to see where I am at a lot closer to the time but I'm going to give it a go.


So that's it for another week, I've done my training for today and I'm of to enjoy the sunshine and a lovely BBQ at some friends house.

Have a great weekend everyone!

Love Hilds

5 comments:

jodie said...

Awesome Hilde!! You will be sensational on stage. And as you say, just giving it a go makes you a winner! All the best and keep up the great work.
Jodie
xx

Miss Positive said...

Wow Hilds that is fantastic, good on you! Its only natural to feel fear and doubt, but I know you can do it and you will look awesome! Which comp are you thinking of doing???? I wanna come watch!!

Hilary xx

Di Broeren said...

YOU DO SO LOOK LIKE A SPORTSMODEL!! Scratch that excuse off the list : )

Kelly said...

Your so brave Hilde!
You are going to make a wonderful sports model you have agorgeous shape! Good luck
Kelly

SeLiNa said...

You go girl!!!
You'll be FAB on stage! Look at all you've achieved with your challenges, you'll be a great sportsmodel :)