My photo
This blog is all about my personal health and fitness journey. I am a qualified personal trainer and run my own Online Personal Training Business - GET ACTIVE ONLINE. I love helping others reach their goals and just feel better about themselves! Last year I competed in the Sports Model Division at the INBA All Female Classic and had a great time and might just do it again! But more on that later.... for now I just love rambling on about the daily adventures of Life!!!!

Saturday, November 01, 2008

All over the place!

Well I'm feeling a bit weary today, I think it all hits you when you stop! I feel like I've been everywhere this week!
Last Sunday I flew to Adelaide to hang out with the family for a few days. I managed to spend a night with my little sis, a night with my big sis and a night with Mum & Dad. It was so good to see everyone again, although as I speak to them every couple of days it always feels like I've just seen them. I managed to get in a few good runs while I was away, I just love exploring new tracks and running in different spots. My little sis lives near a big bush park which has a lots of fantastic walks. So I decided to go for a run up torture hill and yes it was torture, I'm glad I took a little map with me as I nearly got lost as it all started to look the same (I'm not the best navigator!). I also went to an RPM class at their local gym and it was really interesting to see how different instructors run a class. The instructor decided she didn't want the aircon on and that everyone would just need to sweat it out! I felt really sorry for a couple of girls in the class as it was their first one and it didn't look like they would be back!
My older sister lives in the Adelaide hills out on the dirt roads so I used it as another opportunity to go for a run although I forgot just how many hills there are! Also I'm not really used to the cold in the morning, it was so foggy and I my legs felt numb half the time although I did get to see lots of Kangaroos and cows! Althoug I don't think I could live down there again, I just love the Sunshine too much.
I also got to spend a day hanging out with Dad helping him put together his business plan for his new business. Dad and my little sister have set up a Gallery in Lyndoch (Barossa Valley) and Dad is also into Photography and has set up his own studio and will be doing portrait work. So after a day of non-stop and a ideas we were both a bit brain dead! I don't think Dad knew what had hit him, with my million and one questions, the Sales & Marketing side of me came out in full force.
Then it was up super early on Wednesday to head back up to Cairns. It seemed to take all day to get back and I was glad to feel the warm sunshine again. Thursday I had to work (fly) and had another early start, up at 3am! Stayed with one of my best friends in Cairns and got to spend lots of time catching up which was great!
Yesterday I had a day off in Cairns and went for a big run to the beach and also a nice powerwalk up my favourite hill near our house in Cairns! It actually made me so home sick and I'm just hanging to get back to Cairns, I just love it up there and it's torture spending a few days up there each month although not being able to stay. I also had lunch with my buddy Paul on Friday and then an afternoon shopping, if I'd managed to sit by the pool for a bit it would have been the perfect day although just run out of time!
It was up early again this morning, a bit of a sleep in only had to get up at 4am! I've ended up in Sydney and I've struggled to get out of my room. I had these grand plans to hit the gym but I'm just so buggered. I've got another early start tomorrow, not too bad though only about 5am.
So that's been my week, all over the place and now I'm ready to go home, only 3 more days to go! Anyway I better get my butt out of this hotel room and go for a wander to the shops and hunt down some food, I'm hungry!
Hope everyone is having a fabulous weekend!

No comments: