My photo
This blog is all about my personal health and fitness journey. I am a qualified personal trainer and run my own Online Personal Training Business - GET ACTIVE ONLINE. I love helping others reach their goals and just feel better about themselves! Last year I competed in the Sports Model Division at the INBA All Female Classic and had a great time and might just do it again! But more on that later.... for now I just love rambling on about the daily adventures of Life!!!!

Friday, October 24, 2008

Yeah it's Friday!!!!

I'm so glad it's Friday as this week just seems to be going forever!!!!! I've had some big ups and some big downs this week! I've been struggling a bit, too much time on my hands and a little bit lost as what to do!
At the moment I'm living in Mackay although hanging to get back to Cairns and all my friends! Don't get me wrong I've made some great friends here but it just isn't the same and I also want to get back into our house in Cairns and get our personal training studio set up. So this week with too much time to think I got a bit down! You'd think anyone would love lots of time to just do nothing, but for me that is torture, I'm so much happier when I have a goal and my life is flat out! Whereas at the moment I don't really have any set goals and just feel a little lost!
I'm also not feeling as great about myself as I would like to, still struggling a bit with the whole "eating normal" thing post comp. I've been trying to be too strict and end up just not staying on track at all! I've been trying to eat too little for the amount of training I do and I end up tired, grumpy and hanging for sweets. So I've kicked myself up the bum and I'm back to eating more, and I can't believe what a difference it makes, just today I haven't been thinking about food all day because I've actually eaten what I should! It's strange the things we do! I know that I should be eating more and then I would easily be able to maintain it and end up actually losing fat, whereas I've been trying to be so restictive thinking that if I can just be really good for a week or two I'll be feeling fantastic again! It's so not healthy and not good for the mind either. It's frustrating that comp can lead to so many issues with food. Because you feel so fantastic when you step on stage and all you remember is what you ate in the lead up so you are forever trying to feel like that again and end up screwing up your eating habits!
I'm not saying that I've put on heaps of weight or out of control with my eating but I definatley haven't found that nice balance with food yet! I'm trying to focus on building some muscle at the moment, which I know will require me eating enough food as starving myself and building muscle don't really go hand in hand. So I've switched my routine around a bit this week and focussing more on the weights and cutting back on my running. I've actually loved doing my weights this week and have been super sore. I'm still struggling to walk after my leg session on Wednesday followed by a 1 hour spin class on Thursday and I've only managed a powerwalk today instead of a run as I'm just too sore! Also just wondering if anyone out there takes creatine? Do you get bloated from it, or is that the old stuff? My hubby takes it and seems fine (well sort of, he, he) but I've always been a bit cautious, scared I'll puff up!
Anyway to snap me out of my low mood I'm heading to Adealaide on Sunday to catch up with my two sisters and Mum & Dad and then up to Cairns on Wednesday to see some friends and do a few flights for work!
So that's my exciting week, rather depressing really (sorry). Anyway better get my butt in the shower, hubby will be home soon and we are going out for some drinks!
Hope everyone has a fabulous weekend!
Love Hilds

No comments: