My photo
This blog is all about my personal health and fitness journey. I am a qualified personal trainer and run my own Online Personal Training Business - GET ACTIVE ONLINE. I love helping others reach their goals and just feel better about themselves! Last year I competed in the Sports Model Division at the INBA All Female Classic and had a great time and might just do it again! But more on that later.... for now I just love rambling on about the daily adventures of Life!!!!

Friday, February 01, 2008

BEWARE LONG WEDDING POST!





The Italians!




I'M MARRIED!!!!!!!!!!!
And wow what an amazing time it was. I still can't believe that we had so many friends and family come all the way to Thailand to help us celebrate getting married!


We had the best day ever, I could do it over an over again.



It wasn't your typical wedding! I saw Cam the morning of the wedding and we hung out and had breaky and caught up with some friends. I was maybe a bit too relaxed and didn't start getting ready until way way too late. So I was a bit flustered when my hair wouldn't go right (95% humidity and a broken aircon didn't help!). So with my makeup melting of my face and my hair that wouldn't hold a curl to save its life I wasn't feeling too flash! The funny thing is as soon as I saw Cam and we were all on the boat I couldn't have cared less (wouldn't have mattered how my hair turned out anyway, as once I got on the speed boat it went everywhere anyway!). I couldn't stop smiling and just had the best day ever!
We caught a speedboat over to Bamboo Island, which is just off of Phi Phi Island. We ended up getting there a bit early, so when we arrived at Bamboo there were still a few Day Tripper tourists on the beach. It turned out to be the funniest part of the day, as we were all getting of the boat everyone (50+ people) on the beach started cheering and clapping (by the way we weren't even married yet!). I think they thought we were famous or something because I have never seen so many cameras in all my life. We were getting photos with old italian men in their speedos (nice!), their children and whoever else they could throw at us. Don't quite know what I was thinking getting married in the heat of the day in Thailand, I was just glad I'd had a couple of champas before arriving!

So it was lots and lots of pictures a very funny ceremony where our celebrant Noi could not pronounce my name to save his life (it was quite entertaining). I thought I would have been a blubbering mess but it turned out I was having too much fun and had troubles to stop laughing.

So the wedding day was just perfect!

Although all didn't go too well in the lead up. On the way to Thailand we lost our bags (first crying session). Our flight to Phuket was delayed, meaning we missed the ferry to Phi Phi, wasted a nights accommodation and had no where to stay in Phuket. The room we booked on Phi Phi was right near the pool, which is fine but also right near the noisy bar, most nights didn't get to sleep until 2am, lucky we were drinking every day!

Because some guests were only arriving a couple of days before the wedding we decided to have the combined Hens/Bucks night (I know not traditional to have them together but lots of fun!) on the Saturday night and the wedding was on the Monday. We drank to who knows what time, went swimming fully clothed and danced on the beach all night, it was soooo much fun. So Cam was half dead all day Sunday, I was sorta coping but not too well. Thank god for an amazing sister and some great friends who got all my crap together for me. You plan to eat well and exercise right up until your wedding day, well I think I did the opposite. I didn't want to regret not enjoying every minute with our family and friends in Thailand, so I did enjoy every minute!

We ended up having to change our honeymoon accommodation due to making sure we got to spend time with everyone. So the amazing place we were suppose to stay wasn't free on the dates we needed so we stayed in Krabi instead. It was an amazing resort although they had a French Conference group there who had big party/bands on every night (lucky we got room moved). Then on the way home we couldn't get any accommodation in Singapore so we had to spend the whole night hanging in Changi airport (2nd crying episode!).

All in all it was a big adventure and the best part is that the wedding couldn't have been better if we wanted it to be! Just might need another honeymoon.

So on to an exciting year. I have so many plans, both personal and business wise this year (but I'll save that for another post!).

Will visit everyones blogs soon, have been outta the loop for too long.

Lots of Love Hilds





















5 comments:

Miss Positive said...

Congratulations Hilds!!! How does it feel to be a 'Mrs'???

Sounds like you had a fabulous time (despite the crying episodes!). You look stunning and your dress is gorgeous - looks like you had a great relaxing wedding!

Hilary xx

SeLiNa said...

I've been thinking bout you heaps wondering when you were finally a Mrs!!
You look gorgeous!!! The whole trip sounds just fantastic and very special!
Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Raechelle said...

Hi there! I just found your blog through DI's blog..congratulations on the wedding-looks like it was fantastic!
And it's so nice to meet a fitness chick from TNQ! I live in Innisfail and will be competing in my first comp later this year-DI will be my online trainer...I'm really excited.
But anyway-nice to "meet" you!

Raechelle said...

RE your question...I'll be doing the queensland titles at the end of september.

So cool that you live in Cairns-Haven't come across anyone on here from up here!

Chat again soon!

Kerry said...

Just Beautiful Hilds.
I loved your pictures and the blog. It was all as it should be, the best day of your life, just the way you want it.

Love Kerry.

p.s. I'm not always an understanding Mum, but accidents happen and there is no point going over the top when they do.