My photo
This blog is all about my personal health and fitness journey. I am a qualified personal trainer and run my own Online Personal Training Business - GET ACTIVE ONLINE. I love helping others reach their goals and just feel better about themselves! Last year I competed in the Sports Model Division at the INBA All Female Classic and had a great time and might just do it again! But more on that later.... for now I just love rambling on about the daily adventures of Life!!!!

Friday, December 26, 2008

I'M FEELING A BIT LIKE SANTA!


I might even look a bit like Santa, he he! So where have I been? Too much to even remember but most recently I've been enjoying Chrissy and living the high life! This year I had to work on Chrissy Day so we decided to celebrate Chrissy a little bit early. So we spend a few nights in a gorgeous apartment overlooking the Marina in Cairns, it was great! Mainly because I got to see my hubby after a couple of weeks of travelling all over the place. In the last 3 1/2 weeks I've been home for a big three nights which were all filled with Christmas functions. I'm still away.... currently in Sydney and heading back to Cairns tomorrow and hopefully just make the last flight back to Mackay otherwise it looks like another week until I'll be home.......


Up until a week ago I was feeling great and had managed to keep up a good level of exercise and had a nice balance with my nutrition. What's amazing is how quickly things can change!!!!!!! Yesterday after a week of too many vodkas and too much christmas cheer I was feeling a little, no make that a lot worse for wear. I decided to have a week of just relaxing with my food and training, which turned into a week of way too many sweets and not enough training (only did nothing for 2 days, but for me that is two days too long). I know! I should know better than anyone that my body can't handle deviating from good nutrition for more than two days or I just bloat up like a balloon.


Today I'm back on the good stuff, lots of chicken, fish, greens and plenty of water. I got to Sydney about 10am this morning, checked in to my hotel room and put the training clothes on before I even had a chance to let the mind games begin, 10km later I was feeling a lot better. It made it easier that the treadmill I was on was overlooking rushcutters bay in Sydney and I could see all of the yachts in the bay!


What has been good about feeling like a beached whale, he he (what can be good about that?), well I just appreciate so much more how much I LOVE FEELING FIT AND HEALTHY! When I eat crap I feel lethargic, tired & get grumpy, I can't believe that so many people feel like this all the time, if only they knew how good you can feel by eating well.


So the good news is I'm back on track and already feeling better again. I hope everyone else had a fantastic Chrissy and enjoyed a few treats without going overboard!


2 comments:

Magda said...

Hey Hilds,

I think a lot of people - even those who normally eat well and train hard - could relate to this post right now. We eat. We drink. We enjoy. Then we get back to normal. Yippee!! Here's to feeling lean, fit and healthy.

Cheers

Magda

Anonymous said...

There are always positives to our weight gain as you have stated. Having an appreciation and understanding is a good thing Hilds.

Lia xxx
Eat Clean, Drink Water, Train Hard & Love Life! :o)