My photo
This blog is all about my personal health and fitness journey. I am a qualified personal trainer and run my own Online Personal Training Business - GET ACTIVE ONLINE. I love helping others reach their goals and just feel better about themselves! Last year I competed in the Sports Model Division at the INBA All Female Classic and had a great time and might just do it again! But more on that later.... for now I just love rambling on about the daily adventures of Life!!!!

Tuesday, December 30, 2008

The year that was!

And the absolute highlight! Our Wedding - Bamboo Island, Thailand



2008 has been filled with many extremes, some absolute highs and some real lows. I must say I'm looking forward to 2009 and so very very excited about what it will bring!

The highlights of 2008 were:

Number 1 - Getting married in January, 26 close friends and family all made the trek to Thailand to share our most special day! Although it wasn't just a day but two weeks of lots of fun, sun, drinking, great food and excellent company!

Number 2 - Finally following my dream and starting our own online Personal Training business. My wonderful husband showed me that anything is possible if you want it badly enough and I'm so grateful to have someone support me in all my crazy ideas.



Number 3 - Stepping on stage in Sportsmodel catergory at the INBA All Female Show. This was such a personal and enpowering achievment. Years ago I would have never ever dreamed of stepping on stage in bikinis. Again it just proves if you want something badly enough it can and will happen.

So what's in store for 2009? Well no body really knows what life will throw at you but it is all one big adventure. Here are a few of the things that I plan to acheive this year!

Continue to build and grow Get Active Online. The rewards of helping others feeling better about themselves is unbelievable, I get just as much from it as my clients!


Move back to the place I love - Cairns!


Setup our own Personal Training Studio. Our house in Cairns is an ideal design to incorporate a Studio and we will focus on this in the second half of the year.


Continue to stay fit & healthy! Focussing on year round consitency. Learn to appreciate my body and what it can do. Achieve and maintain a few kilos below my "set" point that I have been stuck at for the past few years. Believe you can and you will!

Have heaps of fun! Not just on holidays or weekends but every single day. Cherish my husband, family and friends, appreciate the small things. Life is now!


There's lots of other things that I have instore for 2009 but really I just want to enjoy every moment, not when I reach a goal, or get to a certain weight or once we go on holidays, but live every single day, enjoy what we have now!


So here's to an awesome 2009, I'm excited and can't wait to get stuck into things. I hope everyone else is off to a fantastic start and has lots of positive things to look forward to in 2009.


2 comments:

Raechelle said...

Good luck with 2009 and congrads on your new business...saw you Oxygen mag too! Good on ya!

Miss Positive said...

Happy New Year Hilds!! I hope that 2009 will a great one for you!

Hilary xx