My photo
This blog is all about my personal health and fitness journey. I am a qualified personal trainer and run my own Online Personal Training Business - GET ACTIVE ONLINE. I love helping others reach their goals and just feel better about themselves! Last year I competed in the Sports Model Division at the INBA All Female Classic and had a great time and might just do it again! But more on that later.... for now I just love rambling on about the daily adventures of Life!!!!

Sunday, January 11, 2009

HEARTBURN

It seems that the only downside to eating well most of the time is that when it comes to enjoying a few treats my body reacts badly! Last night we had friends over for drinks and nibbles, it was a great night, finishing off with a very funny game of celebrity heads.

Anyway back to my treat issue! I had made lots of healthy snacks last night as I'm sick of just having chips and cheese as the only options. So I had made a yummy Tuna, cottage cheese and sweet chill dip plus my favourite Vietnamese cold rolls and chicken satays. So nibbles were pretty good although I did indulge in a few too many vodka's and saved my big treat for some carrot and mud cake, although after having some cake on top of my drinks I was left with severe heartburn and couldn't sleep all night! It's so frustrating as I really wanted to enjoy my cake but it seems my body just didn't want it as much as my mind did. So I had a crap night sleep and still today seem to be suffering from heart burn and I've been back on track, eating well all day! Not sure if it's my body just getting a bit more sensitive or what, but just shows that I really can't eat much crap anymore.

So today is just a chill out day, finally taking it easy and having a whole day off training. It's perfect weather for relaxing as it seems to be constantly raining this weekend. So I'm looking forward to feeling 100% rested tomorrow and full of energy for another awesome week of training. I'm hoping to clean up my nutrition even more next week as I seem to be making slow gradual progress but just want to crank things up a notch!

Hope everyone is having a nice relaxing Sunday!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Think of it like this Hilds. We are a car, we've been fuelling up on ultimate unleaded fuel then all of a sudden we fuel up on diesel yet we expect to run the same. Not likely, it's going to cough and splutter because it's just not used to this fuel. The same goes for eating something different, smaller portions is the way to go and not to over indulge no matter what the brain is telling us. LOL!! It's not the we can't it's just the body doesn't necessarily agree with our choices, that's all.

Does that make sense?

Lia xxx
Eat Clean, Drink Water, Train Hard & Love Life! :o)

Anonymous said...

Hi Hilds,

Just letting you know that you need to delete me from your blog list and add me again now that I have a new isp address since moving my blog. It's www.liahalsall.com.

Lia xxx
Eat Clean, Drink Water, Train Hard & Love Life! :o)

Hilds said...

Yeah I know Lia! But every now and then it's nice just to let go a bit and over indulge, although don't think the after effects are worth it! Back to moderation for me, just wish the battle between my mind and body would take a break, he, he!