My photo
This blog is all about my personal health and fitness journey. I am a qualified personal trainer and run my own Online Personal Training Business - GET ACTIVE ONLINE. I love helping others reach their goals and just feel better about themselves! Last year I competed in the Sports Model Division at the INBA All Female Classic and had a great time and might just do it again! But more on that later.... for now I just love rambling on about the daily adventures of Life!!!!

Friday, January 09, 2009

PEOPLE WATCHING

Yes, if you didn't know I'm a bit of a people watcher. I just love going out for coffee with my hubby and watching all the people wander by, it's just so amazing how different everyone is.

Today I actually took a minute or two to have a look around the gym. Normally I don't notice anyone and am in my little zone! Anyway it was rather interesting and quite amazing to see such a variety of individuals all in the one area all working towards their own little goals. There was the normal "big blokes" lifting heavy, grunting and watching their muscles in the mirror, the "rough boys", remember I'm in Mackay so a few bikie looking, bandanna wearing blokes, the "pretty girls", the women I see who look just pristine, not a drop of sweat, co-ordinated clothing and quite trim looking, the "Mums", there to work out a bit but also catch up for a chat. I think I even saw a man who looked like he was in his 70's, and then there is the ones who I love seeing the most, the quite large (or you could say overweight) individuals who have been brave enough to step foot in this unique environment and make a start to getting healthier and feeling great! I know for someone who has never been to a gym before it can be very very daunting and I just love it when I see new people getting in there and giving it a go. It's funny I even get a bit funny about going back to the gym if I'm feeling a bit out of shape after holidays so for anyone with lots of weight to lose I think it is just awesome that they are there. And what's funny is that most people are so into their own thing and too pre-occupied with what they are doing to even care who else is there. Anyway that's just my little observation this morning as it seems the gym gets quite busy these time of year with all of the "New Year Get Fit" people, quite frustrating for me as it means it's busier but good on them for getting started, I just hope they keep it up.

This morning I also caught up with the gym owner as for a while now myself and the a few other Spin regulars have been so frustrated at paying an extra $5 per class for Spin when everything else in the gym is included (except Spin). I just find this amazing as no other gym I know charges extra for spin. Cam & I worked out that it was costing us $50 a week just to go to the gym. Don't get me wrong I love my health & Fitness but it gets so frustrating sometimes when it all costs so bloody much, between gym, good food and supplements it seems we are working to just to stay fit and healthy. So I had a chat to the owner and the good news is it looks like it might be reduced. It was a bit annoying that it was me who had to mention something though as everyone else whinges and no one says anything and I used to work there and doesn't look too good coming from me, anyway done now and hopefully will be reduced so I can go back to 3 x Spin Classes, yehaa!
So it's lunch time and I'm still sitting here in my sweaty gym stuff, it always seems like such an effort to shower and wash and dry the hair after the gym, sometimes I wish I had super short hair which took 5 minutes to get ready, not a stupid mop of curly out of control hair!
Anyway time to do the shower thing!

No comments: