My photo
This blog is all about my personal health and fitness journey. I am a qualified personal trainer and run my own Online Personal Training Business - GET ACTIVE ONLINE. I love helping others reach their goals and just feel better about themselves! Last year I competed in the Sports Model Division at the INBA All Female Classic and had a great time and might just do it again! But more on that later.... for now I just love rambling on about the daily adventures of Life!!!!

Thursday, February 15, 2007

Sticky Date Cake!!!!!

Yes I had some of that last night and oh my god was it rich! I had my first free meal in 4 weeks last night. Being Valentines day and all we treated ourselves to a nice massage and a lovely dinner at home. We had quite a healthy dinner (Salmon Steak, sweet potato mash and salad, my favourite!) but I treated myself to a crunchy white bread roll and butter with dinner, yummy! We even had dessert afterwards, my favourite Sticky date, although I must say I might be losing my sweet tooth! The cake was so sickly rich I thought I was going to be ill, normally I would have just wanted more sweets but not last night. I think I might actually be making some progress, normally sweets would send me into a full sweet binge but last night I was just waiting for my heart to stop jumping out of my chest so I could go to bed. I even had 2 vodkas, its funny when you haven't drank for a while as it hits you so much quicker, I'm quite the cadbury now. After two drinks I was happy to stop and go back to my water, all sounds a bit sad doesn't' it!

Anyway it was a lovely night and I got straight back into it all this morning. Hit the treadmill for my 50min steady state session. I was a bit slow starting of, I think a combination of tired legs from RPM and interval training yesterday and also all the crap I had eaten last night. Anyway after the first 15minutes I was into it and it went pretty quickly and cardio is done for the day. Have got Chest and Biceps tonight and if I have any energy after that might squeeze in a powerwalk. Anyway time to get motivated for the day.

Hope everyone had a lovely Valentines Day! Hilds

3 comments:

SeLiNa said...

Hey Hilds, just catching up on all your posts :) I lurve the idea of the stair climb!!! There's no buidlings that big around here tho!!
I've been onto glutamine this year too, and whether its in my head or not, I'm liking it!! I also just recieved my Driven in the post, happy to see you're impressed with it! YEEHA!!
You've done well with no free meals in 4 weeks!! I bet that cake was icky, and the vodkas went straight to your head, or legs! LoL
Have a nice weekend!

Di Broeren said...

I developed a liking for wodka on our honeymoon. I like it with lime and lemonade and I'm tipsy after 2!
Good to see you are able to control yourself.

Carolyn said...

Hi Hilds!
Mmmmmm, white bread rolls.....funny the things we look forward too! I had some crusty bread with a free meal a few weeks back, and it was just divine. I also love the desserts as well, wish I could lose my desire for these! I am so impressed that you can go without free meals for extended periods - maybe one day I will acquire some of that will power!

Cheers
Carolyn