My photo
This blog is all about my personal health and fitness journey. I am a qualified personal trainer and run my own Online Personal Training Business - GET ACTIVE ONLINE. I love helping others reach their goals and just feel better about themselves! Last year I competed in the Sports Model Division at the INBA All Female Classic and had a great time and might just do it again! But more on that later.... for now I just love rambling on about the daily adventures of Life!!!!

Friday, February 02, 2007

Lots of stairs today!

Well guess what I'm in Japan again, just for something different!!!! Flew over yesterday, it was a loooong day as we didn't have many passengers and as such the day just seemed to drag on. As nice as it is to have a quiet flight every now and again, it makes the day just go forever (Kelly, by the way I'm an international flight attendant, hence why I am constantly on planes!). So yesterday was a bit of a struggle as I felt extremely drained as it was that lovely time of month arriving just a bit early. Anyway managed to get my training out of the way nice and early, had to double up and did both weights and interval training before I flew out. Its always a struggle mentally when I have to do two sessions consecutively but I always find once I get started there is no stopping me.

My training has been going good this week so far on track have just got 1 weight session and 1-2 powerwalks and I'm all done for another week. Have stuggled a bit more with nutriton this week which is pretty typical for this time of the month, my appetite seriously doubles but have managed not to let it get out of control. Some of my portions most probably have been a bit over and I have been having meal 6 a couple more times this week and even treated myself to a skinny cappacinno (first coffee in two weeks!). Which isn't too bad since I'm not having a free meal this week as I don't really need one and haven't been spot on so don't really deserve one either. Haven't had a drop of alcohol either, don't really want one either, might treat myself on valentines day to 2 glasses of wine. So still aiming to get those portions spot on, sometime I just wish I had more of a routine as I'm sure it would be a lot easier. So tonight is another challenge, surviving the long boring night flight home! I always struggle on night flights as we have a few hours where we don't have much to do and its amazing how much your mind tells you that you really really need that chocolate bar at 2am and there is no shortage of chocolate around. I can normally avoid chocolate but still struggle but tonight I AM going to only have green tea after my late dinner..... Will let you know how I go (kinda keeps me accountable then!).
So today for cardio I did the hotel stairs, all 60 floors, hope those calves aren't too sore tommorrow. Just veging out now until we fly out tonight, have tried to fix my blogger template since everyone else has these amazing new ones, but obviously mine is supposed to stay the same for a little longer as I really can't figure out how to make it really individual like some of the others I have seen. Anyway back to playing on the internet, studying and drinking lots of green tea! Will check back in on Monday with my progress for week 2.

Have a great weekend. Hilds

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just wondering if you are a flight attendant with Qantas??? My son is a second officer who also went to Japan.

SeLiNa said...

Hey HIlds :)
U sound like you're going really well with this challenge!! It must be hard at work when you're on different time-changes etc to eat the right things at the right time. I would be so muddled up!!
So how long did 60 flights of stairs take you?? How many times did you do it? Sounds like it woulda huuurrt :)
Have a nice weekend!@

Kelly said...

Hi Hildes,
Thaks for that, it puts your posts into perspective!!
Sounds like you're going great guns with food and nutrition.
Have fun,
Kelly

Miss Positive said...

I dont know how you do it Hilds... those long flights are bad enough when you've got to sit down and do nothing the whole time, it must be tough having to work night flights where most people are sleeping!

Those stairs sound tough! Everything seems to be going great!

Hilary xx

Unknown said...

Wow, you certainly sound like you are going well with things!
You are an inspiration!

Di Broeren said...

2 weeks without a skinny chino! I'm impressed : )

You are doing a great job with your training. So many people would find an excuse if they kept your schedule. Keep up the sensational effort. You know it is worth it!