My photo
This blog is all about my personal health and fitness journey. I am a qualified personal trainer and run my own Online Personal Training Business - GET ACTIVE ONLINE. I love helping others reach their goals and just feel better about themselves! Last year I competed in the Sports Model Division at the INBA All Female Classic and had a great time and might just do it again! But more on that later.... for now I just love rambling on about the daily adventures of Life!!!!

Monday, October 20, 2008

PUFFY!

That's how I'm feeling today, or maybe another word for it would be FAT! That's generally what happens after a weekend of eating crap! Yes a few treats turned into a whole weekend of treats, which doesn't really leave you feeling fantastic on Monday. You should have seen Cam & I last night, it was quite funny! After eating lots of yummy homemade Roasted Vegie Pizza, sounds kinda healthy but wasn't really, we could not sleep to save our lives. We went to bed about 10:30 knowing we had to get up at 5am to go to the gym, at 1:30am we were both still wide awake with super full bellies and feeling rather uncomfortable! It's amazing how much food affects you! It doesn't take more than a few days of crap food for me to actually want to eat well again. So I'm feeling sleepy, fat and very frustrated but moving forward and back onto the good food again. I went for a run before and got rained on but I wasn't letting a few rain drops stop me from trying to burn of at least half a slice of pizza (I've got a bit more running to do yet, he, he, he).

It's funny when I'm away I'm really good and not even tempted by a lot of treats but when I come home and the weekend hits it's always a struggle. It's because Cam & I have always used food as a way of relaxing and enjoying being home together, although always end up feeling worse for it afterwards. So this weekend we are going to try and slowly start to break the habit (yes, it's just a bad habit) and instead focus on doing things rather than eating!!!!!!
One thing I didn't do this morning is weigh myself, I'm still amazed at how many people have had a bad weekend, over indulged and still jump on the scale the next day, knowing full well that the number will have gone up and you will be holding a lot of extra fluid as well as a bit extra fat! I don't need a number to tell me I ate crap, I know I did & I also know what I need to do to feel good again, so why let a number ruin my day.
So anyway I'll keep you posted on how long it takes for me to feel back to "normal" again. I always say about three days but I'm curious to see how long it acutally takes.
Anyway better go do some work, enough procrastinating for one day!

No comments: