My photo
This blog is all about my personal health and fitness journey. I am a qualified personal trainer and run my own Online Personal Training Business - GET ACTIVE ONLINE. I love helping others reach their goals and just feel better about themselves! Last year I competed in the Sports Model Division at the INBA All Female Classic and had a great time and might just do it again! But more on that later.... for now I just love rambling on about the daily adventures of Life!!!!

Sunday, July 27, 2008

FEELING GOOD










I'm feeling great at the moment, it's been two weeks since comp and I've managed to get back on track and I'm loving life! My weight and measurements are all pretty much where I was at the week before comp which I'm really happy with.

I'm right back into training and have actually been enjoying it, strangely loving my running at the moment (actually a bit addicted!), I even went for a run on Saturday morning after going out for a Hen's night on Friday and having some bevies (Cam thought I had lost it). I think I could be the new campaigner for exercise, it seriously is better than any medicine out there! I've realised recently that exercise for me is much more than about being fit, lean, healthy etc etc, I actually love exercise for my mental well being. It might sound a bit nutty but I'm such a happier person after a good run and just love those endorphins running through my body, I've got to the point now that I don't even think about not doing it as the mind games wouldn't be worth it.

I introduced some plyometrics into my routine last week (gotta get that wobbly bum in shape) and it hurt to sit all week (not good when I go to the toilet so often), I was still bloody sore by Friday. I've got to do it again tomorrow so I'm hoping I don't pull up as sore as it made my running and spin classes a bit difficult last week. So as usual the training is going along nicely although the nutrition is a bit up and down. I tend to be pretty good throughout the week but have been having one day on the weekend where I allow myself some treats, yesterday it turned into a few too many treats (still a work in progress). So I'm not sure how my day of treats will affect my progress but honestly at the moment I'm really enjoying being "normal" for a while. It's so nice to be able to have a piece of cake if you feel like it and not have to say no to everything. The good thing is I have found that after a day of foods I don't normally eat I'm ready to get back into the good clean food the next day...

So I would love to compete again at the Qld INBA State show in 10 weeks and then at the Nationals but I'm just going to see how the next few weeks pan out. If I can slowly drop a little weight over the next month then I might just do it as I will be in a good place, although I'm not quite prepared to get too strict just yet as I know that I couldn't maintain it, so we will just wait and see!

So all is good from me, I'm loving life and feeling fantastic. We have got lots of exciting things happening over the next few weeks. Tuesday we have friends arriving from Cairns for a couple of days, then more friends coming on Friday night, Saturday we have a big wedding to go to. Then on Sunday I'm off to Cairns for a 6 day trip on Monday, I've got 2 nights in Canberra, 1 night in Melbourne and 2 in Adelaide so I'll get to catch up with the family! Then I've got a weekend in Cairns to catch up with lots of friends, another 4 day trip to Canberra and Perth, home for my Birthday on the 16th and then 2 glorious weeks at home. I've planned a 70's Disco Party for the weekend after my Birthday, I just love theme parties and I love the 70's!

So lots of exciting stuff happening but have already planned all my training regardless of where I am, who says you can't be fit and healthy and live out of a suitcase!
Bye for now, love Hilds

2 comments:

Dianna Broeren said...

Well you sound awesome!! I'm looking forward to seeing you on stage again in October :)

XX

Magda said...

Hi Hilds,

sorry its taken me a while to get around to all the blogs but I just wanted to congratulate you on doing so well at the AF. You were beautiful on stage. A VERY worthy winner.

All the best for the Nationals (if you go for them)

Cheers

Magda