My photo
This blog is all about my personal health and fitness journey. I am a qualified personal trainer and run my own Online Personal Training Business - GET ACTIVE ONLINE. I love helping others reach their goals and just feel better about themselves! Last year I competed in the Sports Model Division at the INBA All Female Classic and had a great time and might just do it again! But more on that later.... for now I just love rambling on about the daily adventures of Life!!!!

Tuesday, July 15, 2008

I've done it & I had the best time ever!













I can't believe I've finally done it. After wanting to compete for so long I've finally achieved my goal & it was better than I could have ever hoped for.

The whole experience has just been so much fun and I feel so lucky to have met so many amazing people! I don't think the weekend would have been quite so good if we hadn't all stayed in the same place. From Friday onwards it was just fantastic sharing all the lead up and excitment of the day together. My biggest supporter and fan, my amazing hubby Cam didn't arrive until late Friday night after sitting at the airport all day trying to get a flight, he wasn't going to miss it for the world. So once Cam arrived the whole team was there, Di & Gerard, Shar & Paul, Vicki (Hair & Makeup superstar!), Cheryl & Christy, Jenny & her Mum Pat.
Saturday started with Hair & Makeup at early hours, but who can sleep the night before comp anyway! Then it was off to the show for registration and get ourselves sorted.

The first time I had to step on stage I was quite nervous but by the 6th time I was loving it! The day just flew by as there were 3 rounds in Sports Model and I basically had enough time to get changed and I was out there again. I can't even begin to thank everyone for all there help back stage, Vicki was truly amazing, she was there everytime ready to fix my hair and just help out (I felt like a superstar for a day!). Di was the best, without her and my amazing hubby I wouldn't have achieved my goal. Di made the whole process so much fun and nothing has ever been too much trouble. I just feel so lucky to have met and become friends with so many amazing people. Oh my god nearly forgot the cheer squad, you all made my day! I couldn't help but grin from ear to ear with all that cheering going on. THANKS!

My Comp goals were to step on stage and feel confident & to have fun & I well and truly had lots of fun! I know that I have a lot of improvements to make if I want to compete again but the goal this time wasn't about being the best, it was about feeling confident and proud about what 'I' had achieved and truly enjoying the experience. The bonus was I game 3rd in my round and got a trophy to take home. Initially I was quite intimidated by all the other competitors and felt way out of my league, but once I reminded myself I had done the best that I could I stopped comparing myself to everyone else and just enjoyed what I had achieved.

So for me, comp has been a fantastic experience. After comp the weekend was spent catching up with people and eating lots of yummy melbourne food! Oh and the coffee's, I don't know how many coffee's I had but they are sooooo good in Melbourne.

So I'm back home now and back on the good food, couldn't handle much more junk after eating flat out for 2 days. I even went for a run this morning and it felt fantastic! I've decided not to step near the scale for at least a week and then I'll see where I'm at.

I'm toying with the idea of competing in October although need to give it a couple of weeks to see where I'm at.

Anyway enough for one post. I've attached some pics, not the best quality but lots of fun shots!

Keep Smiling, Luv Hilds

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

You looked beautiful Hilds. Send me an email and I'll forward you some shots I took of you. :o) xxx

Miss Positive said...

Congratulations Hilds, you look fantastic! Well done on the placing, sounds like you had a great time in Melbourne!

Hilary xx

Jadey said...

Hilds, you looked absolutely gorgeous! You were stunning and definitely had the most class up there! Well done, you deserved it honey!

Jadey x

RaeC said...

Congratulations on achieving your goal... you were amazing!! The true epitome of a sports model... happy, healthy and GLAMOROUS!! I agree with Jadey... you were class with a capital "C" all the way!! Well done honey xxx

SeLiNa said...

CONGRATULATIONS HILDS!!!!!!!!! You look STUNNING/HOT/GORGEOUS!!! I'm so glad you finally achieved your dream of getting up on stage. And to take third place is a such a bonus!!!
Well done :) So what's next for you?!?!

Kek said...

You did look gorgeous - I'd have given you first place... you just glowed up there!

:o)