My photo
This blog is all about my personal health and fitness journey. I am a qualified personal trainer and run my own Online Personal Training Business - GET ACTIVE ONLINE. I love helping others reach their goals and just feel better about themselves! Last year I competed in the Sports Model Division at the INBA All Female Classic and had a great time and might just do it again! But more on that later.... for now I just love rambling on about the daily adventures of Life!!!!

Tuesday, January 09, 2007

Back home!

Well I'm finally back home after my 6 day trip and wow I love coming home. Had a great week last week, managed to get back into things full swing. Fitted in all my training while I was a way plus a lot of extra running (I'm a bit hooked on my heart rate monitor at the moment), don't think I've ever run that much before. My heart rate monitor continuously beeps at me until I am in the zone, so it kinda motivates you to get in the zone pretty quickly and stay there so you don't annoy the other people at the gym, not that I can normally hear it as I have my music on quite loud!!! Also managed to fit in all my weight training sessions as there was an awesome gym at the hotel in Manila, so no excuses for skipping any sessions. Manila was interesting, didn't really see too much as we were only there for two days, so mainly enjoyed the hotel pool and gym as I didn't really feel too safe walking around by myself. The hotel was great though and they had this amazing buffet, seriously the biggest one I have ever seen in my life. So of course we all had to go check out the buffet and I made that my free meal, I was actually extremely well behaved and walked away not feeling overly full (major accomplishment for me!), the food at the buffet was sensational and they had everything you could imagine. The desert buffet alone was bigger than any buffet I have seen in oz! So now that I have tried it don't think I'll be going back, the temptation is a little bit too big. So anyway overall last week was a good one and managed to loose .9kg with buffet and all!

This week has got of to a very frustrating start, I arrived back in Cairns yesterday and went straight to the red arrow (a small bushwalk with heaps of steps), I did three laps which took me about 40minutes. It was a great effort considering it was sooo hot and humid and I walked away drenched. Yesterday arvo I had planned on doing weights although started to feel a bit average and feel like I've got a cold. So no training yesterday arvo and nothing today in the hope that I will get some energy back for tomorrow and be able to get back into it full swing. It is so frustrating when you want to train hard but your body just doesn't seem to agree. I have learnt though that it is much better to have a days rest and get better than to half heartily exercise and feel worse at the end of it all. So here's hoping that I wake up tomorrow feeling fabulous all set for a big run!

Some other very exciting news for me is that I am a NEW YOU finalist with IBO, I was so excited to find out because there are so many awesome transformations it is pretty cool to be a finalist. Well anyway that's it for now, hopefully will be reporting back soon in full health. Cheers Hilds

4 comments:

Kelly said...

Hi Hilde

You deserve to be a finalist, your transormation was amazing. I'm going to start another challange as i've let myself go. Prob start around the same time as you. I'm going to use my old program though cause I didn't try hard enough last time.
Kelly

Shar said...

Hey Hilds

CONGRATS on exercising whilst away and sticking toyour plan etc, I remember going through alot of different options/suggestions when you started your programme! and now look its all working and coming together, you can manage it!

CONGRATS also on being a finalist in the NEW YOU COMP! Great transormation.

Shar x

Bec said...

Hi Hilde,

Congratulations on being a finalist! Your results were amazing.

Well done on sticking to your exercise and eaing plan while away. That is such an achievement. I have a hard enough time being at home. Lol.

Cheers
Rebecca

SeLiNa said...

Hey Hilde!! CONGRATS!!!!!!! Me is too :))))
You look HOT!!! We're winners already :)