My photo
This blog is all about my personal health and fitness journey. I am a qualified personal trainer and run my own Online Personal Training Business - GET ACTIVE ONLINE. I love helping others reach their goals and just feel better about themselves! Last year I competed in the Sports Model Division at the INBA All Female Classic and had a great time and might just do it again! But more on that later.... for now I just love rambling on about the daily adventures of Life!!!!

Friday, January 19, 2007

Fun, Fun Fun!

Oh my god what a busy busy week, but it was all worth it coz I had a ball! I went down to Hervey Bay last Saturday to visit my best friend Tina. I hadn't seen her for about a year and hadn't even met her new hubby yet, she had a bit of a quick surprise wedding last year. So it was awesome to spend the night with her and meet her hubby, who is absolutely lovely. But since we hadn't seen each other for a while the drinks started flowing and before you know it your having a few too many...... So the next day we just hung out and she showed me around Hervey before I had to fly out. She put me on one of the aircraft she flies over to Fraser Island and then down to Maroochydore. It was an awesome flight on the little 8 seater aircraft (I'm used to the 200+ seat aircrafts) got to see a bit of Fraser Island and check out the coast on the way down to Maroochydore.

When I got to Maroochy my brother inlaw was there waiting to pick me up to take me to see the rest of the family in Moloolaba. They were holidaying there up from Adelaide. So I got to spend some time with my sis Lucy and her kids Dillon, Jasmin and Luke. It was so good to see them all as I miss them so much living in Cairns. Anyway same thing happened this day, as soon as I arrived I had a drink in my hand and it just never seemed to stop!!!!!! Wow did I feel like dying the next day, I can't even remember the last time I consumed so much alcohol and I can't say I miss it!!!!!!! The next day was spent in the pool, on the beach and just lazing around (about all I could manage!). So it was an early night the next night and a quiet dinner out, no drinks of course. So after all the eating and drinking we forced ourselves to go for a run the next day but I think I am only now feeling normal again (five days later)!!!! I got back to Cairns on Tuesday feeling a bit worse for wear only to have to pack the bags again to go to Japan, and finally I am home for a few very healthy, active but relaxing days at home, yippeeee!

All in all it was worth it as I had an amazing time and got to spend time with some of my most precious people in my life. So now the fun is out of the way, I'm really really really excited to be starting a new program with Sue from IBO, Michelle will be my feedback coach and I start on Monday. Did I say how excited I am! Its funny when you finally find a lifestyle you love when you go back to old ways for a while it only reinforces why you live the way you live now. I can't even imagine going back to the days of drinking every weekend and half hearted exercise attempts. I'm trying not to beat myself up about my excessive eating and drinking while away and just got straight back on track as soon as I was home. My new program starting on Tuesday should be great, I love it when I have a program to follow as it makes me so much more disciplined just the fact that someone else has written it for me and I will be accountable to someone else.

So here goes another 12 weeks, I am hoping for even better results this time as I know what is possible! One last bit of exciting news is that my little sister Sarah is getting married in April. She just told the family last weekend after getting back from her holiday in New Zealand and getting engaged. They were all a bit surprised and excited that is was so soon, although I have known for a few months now and it has been killing me keeping the secret, so its a nice relief for me. So I will be all finished my 12 weeks by her wedding and will be able to buy myself a nice new outfit (any excuse for shopping). So I'll be down to Adelaide in April for the wedding and possibly the following weekend for their big party to celebrate the wedding, here goes the savings plan already, oh well your little sister doesn't get married every day!!!

Will check back in soon with reports on how the new challenge it going.

Cheers Hilds
P.S will post some pics of my little mini holiday!

4 comments:

Shar said...

hi Hilds

Good luck on your new programme!

If you do as well as last time you'll blow us all away !!

Keep blogging!

Shar x

Bec said...

Hi there,

Good luck with your new program. It sounds as though you are totally motivated and ready to kick butt. You go girl!!

I can't wait to read all about your progress :)

Have a lovely weekend.
Rebecca

SeLiNa said...

LOL!! Why DOES catching up with ppl you haven't seen for ages mean drinks?!?! ALways happens tho!!
Good luck with your new program! You looked HOT HOT HOT last time, I don't think you could do any better than that!! lol
All the best :)

Miss Positive said...

Hilds it sounds like you had a ball with your family, and now that you've blown all the cobwebs away with all that drinking, you wont want to do it again for a while! Which is probably just as well seeing as how you are starting a new programme!

Good luck, happy training!

Hilary xx