My photo
This blog is all about my personal health and fitness journey. I am a qualified personal trainer and run my own Online Personal Training Business - GET ACTIVE ONLINE. I love helping others reach their goals and just feel better about themselves! Last year I competed in the Sports Model Division at the INBA All Female Classic and had a great time and might just do it again! But more on that later.... for now I just love rambling on about the daily adventures of Life!!!!

Saturday, January 27, 2007

Waiting for the gym to open!!!!!

Hope everyone had a great Australia Day! I spent it flying over to Japan, so didn't really feel much like a holiday. But anyway here I am just waiting in my hotel room for the gym to open. It doesn't open until ten which is a bit frustrating as I like to get straight up and get my cardio out the way. Whenever I have to wait those horrible reasons why I don't want to go creep into my thoughts, although I still know regardless I'll do it anyway. The feeling of not doing my training is worse than any reason I may have come up with for not doing it. So anyway just a quiet day today, hoping to get some more study done as my exam is booked in for Monday morning. I've discovered I'm definitely not one who loves study, I love to learn although hate the formal study, but oh well has to be done! So anyway nearly at the end of week one, I've had a great week so far, managed to get all my training done and clean eats all week, haven't even had a coffee! Can't say I'm feeling just fabulous yet but I know I just have to be patient. Its funny as this time around I am trying to only have a free meal and drinks if I really need them, and it is actually much easier. As last time I spent all week thinking about the treats I was going to have at my free meal and it made you crave them all the more. Whereas now I'm not even craving a drink or chocolate as I know I can have it but don't really want it, strange I know. I'm sure there will be times when I do but I will enjoy my little treats all the more then.
Its great weather in Japan at the moment, nice and cold such a great change from hot and very humid Cairns. We have been getting a lot of rain lately and I've had the aircon on most of the time so most of my training has been done in the airconditioned gym!!!!! When I have ventured outside for a walk I end up soaked either from sweat or rain, gotta love this time of year. So only another 1 1/2 hours and the gym should be open, yah (sad isn't it!). Anyway will check in on Monday and let you know how the scales liked my first week back into it!!!!

3 comments:

SeLiNa said...

ohhh don't u just HATE having to sit around waiting for the gym to open!! And yep, I agree with all those lil niggly thoughts that creep in, it's a mental battle at times!!
Japan sounds nice and cool... a lot different to us in QLD hey!!

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you are going GREAT Hilds!! What a bugger having to wait for the hotel to open, but at least you can stay dry!

Hilary xx

Anonymous said...

How do you cope with your nutrition when you eat in two different countries? You can't take it with you can you?
You are amazing to do it I reckon. Keep up the good work and I'm looking forward to meeting you properly in the WH&F story.
Kerry